Tuesday 29 April 2014

Shooting Reserved - Day 2

My second day of shooting started off very well.  We had confirmed the cabin for shooting and we were well ahead of schedule. 


We decided to shoot the remaining scenes from yesterday first then move on to the cabin.  I felt it was important to not have actors waiting around a lot just to film one scene at the end of the day.  I therefore made my shooting schedule so that the actors with the least scenes would all be shot together at the start. 
For example Patrick had the least amount of scenes so we shot his first then moved on to Ryan.  This allowed me to be able to send actors home early without asking them to wait around all day.  This method was terrible for my mental health but fantastic for team morale. 


Due to  our battery life once again not stretching the length we needed, we perhaps rushed the final and most important scenes.
Blame can only fall on my shoulders for this as I really should have picked up the equipment myself, I kick myself even more after the same thing happening on the first day. We had one battery on day one and two batteries on day two.  I really feel like this shoot should have had a third day to get things 100% right but that would have been too much to ask from everyone involved, for free.


Overall I was happy with the days shoot.  Light constraints in the cabin made for me having to adapt the plot slightly on the set.  A lot of it was meant to be shot in total darkness and without total darkness a lot of it wouldnt have made sense.  I changed things around and although I feel it wasn't as good as the original idea, I think it should still work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment